Tuesday 19 July 2011

Knit, knit, knit - can't stop knitting!

I seem to have finished two knitted things today, plus one a couple of days ago.. all little, couple of hours, projects. I don't want to pick up my socks or mittens or even the sock monkey, but these little things are pleasing me right now :)

First I finished some baby booties - these are for my future neice/nephew (due in Februaryish, so unsure of sex yet - but I was incase incase I get busy..) Ravelry link


and I also finished this cute bracelet test knit. I like test knitting quick, small things. I'm not sure I'll ever wear it, but it took a tiny amount of yarn and time and it was fun. Ooh I could use it as a bookmark! :) Ravelry link



I also went to the library a couple of days ago (for the first time in about 8 years - literally!) and I got a couple of knitting books. I was in a bit of a hurry and couldn't decide which ones to take, and they both ended up being sock books.

The babies booties above are out of the 'baby knits for baby feet' book. I also knit socks incredibly slowly, so I doubt I'll actually knit any from the 'Sock innovation' book, but it's actually pretty good at helping you to design a sock and I would take it out in the future if I wanted a pretty sock pattern.

I actually want to write a post about me dying some yarn too, but I guess that deserves a post of it's own :)

No comments:

Post a Comment