Friday 22 July 2011

Allotment Time! part 1 [picture heavy!]

Yeah, a lot of weeding needs to be done, we know.. but it's barely stopped raining for the last two weeks here, miserable!!

I've mentioned our allotment a little so I thought I'd take some photos whilst I was there the other day, just to show you guys around :) I've also just realised I took no overall photos, or photos of the chickens..ah well! We grow pretty much everything, in the middle of it all we barely have to buy any vegetables and little fruit. It's a nice little area, so quiet and peaceful and sometimes just so lovely to sit there and relax.

Cabbage

Carrots (amazing! We always struggle to grow carrots)

Cauliflower

Climbing bean (I think)

Courgettes

Courgette

Courgette flower

Cucumber

Garlic hanging to dry

Grapes

Leeks

Leeks (they have the tubes around the bottom to keep them white)

Onions hanging to dry

Mor eonions
French dwarf beans (I think)

There's more but I think that's plenty for one post.

Part 2 is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment