Tuesday 19 July 2011

The courgettes are ready! Yummy courgette pasta!



I'm always excited about this time of the year, I just love courgettes and they're so expensive to buy around here but once ours are grown we're always swamped under by them.
My favourite dish for them? Cheesy courgette pasta.
It's a recipe for 'The River Cottage Cookbook' by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall.. well, less of a recipe, more of a guideline - but it is so delicious.



I figure it's probably not too unhealthy, it's so quick and simple to make and with our abundance of courgettes it's perfect for a weekday dinner :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for following my blog! I love pasta with cheese... you can usually throw anything on it and it makes it delicious!! I really like carbonara myself... (I have improvised my recipe so it's basically pasta, an egg, some garlic and a crapload of parmesan!)
    I had to google courgettes to see what they were... we call them zucchini here ;) Zucchini chocolate cake is one of my fave recipes, and it's a great way to use up extra... I don't have one recipe that I use all the time, but take a look! You won't be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, zucchinis across the sea! :) I will have to take a look at the chocolate cake recipe - my friend did actually send me a recipe for courgette cake so I'll have to give it a go - how cool. Thanks! and no problem about the follow, I love your blog :)

    ReplyDelete